Reviews From Readers
- "Your content on family estrangement is stuff I wish I knew 20 years ago."
- "You are such a beacon for me with these posts on estrangement. I used to google phrases like "my mom is mentally ill + incapable of being a mother" hoping to find some kind or resource."
- "This comment section has me in tears this morning. I am seeing that I am not alone."
- "Wow. This HITS and is so validating. Any type of reflection I have had on my childhood with my parents seems pointless. It's hard to work on the present with your parents when they refuse to see or understand your perspective of the past."
|Develop a new language to communicate with difficult adult family members||Feel less alone and connect with other family cyclebreakers like you||Lead your family and develop new, healthy relationship skills|
|Accept your family members for who they are and understand what they can and cannot offer||Navigate the march of time as your family grows, changes, and experiences new challenges||Re-think things you’ve been thinking about your family your whole life and see your family from a new perspective|
Meet The Founder
Whitney Goodman is a licensed marriage and family therapist, author, and mother who is transforming the way we approach adult family relationships.
Whitney earned her undergraduate degree at Tulane University and a graduate degree in Counseling Psychology from The University of Miami. She has additional training and certifications in working with couples, families, trauma, and clients who have been diagnosed with chronic illness. Whitney has her own column in Psychology Today and has been featured in dozens of domestic and international publications, including The New York Times, Teen Vogue, NY Magazine, Instyle, and Good Morning America.
We're On A Mission To Help Families
Some families need more than knowledge to thrive. Every quarter, Calling Home will donate to an organization, group, or person who is truly making a difference for families in their community.
We are committed to helping families access:
- safe housing
- reliable childcare
- nutritious food
- healthcare and medical services